- An organisation named Sundarban Tiger Conservation Foundation Trust (STCFT) was created in 2010 for the betterment of the employees as well as the local people of Sundarbans, headed by the Minister-in -Charge, Dept of Forests, Govt. of West Bengal, along with the government personnel and scientists.
- The foundation trust was established by the State Government under Section 38X of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972. The trust abide by the rules and regulations of the government.
- The main aim of the Foundation Trust is to facilitate and support the STR management for conservation of tiger and biodiversity through multi stakeholder participation as per approved management plans,
- To support similar initiatives in adjoining landscapes, consistent with the national and state legislations.
- In pursuance of the mentioned aim, the functions of the Foundation Trust is undertaken through STR thereinafter called the implementing agencies and its staff/ or sponsored/ supported by it or through other institutions collaborated with.
- To facilitate ecological, economic, socio-cultural development in te tiger reserve and adjoining landscape.
- To provide support to safeguard the natural environment in the tiger reserve and relevant places.
- To facilitate the creation of, and or maintenance of such assets as felt necessary for fulfilling the mentioned objectives.
- To solicit technical, financial, social and other support required for the activities of the foundation for achieving the above said objectives from different sources permitted by law.
- To support ecotourism, eco development, research, environmental education, training management and advisory aspects and related fields to support the implementing agency.
- Anything incidental or ancillary to the above for furthering the above mentioned objectives.
The registered office of the STCFT is located at the Office of the Chief Wildlife Warden,
West Bengal, Bikas Bhawan, North Bock,
3rd Floor, Salt Lake City, Kolkata- 700091